Wednesday, December 31, 2008

greetings, territory, deadline

Posted by Picasa



















A happy New Year!

On my regular walks through the Grove, I notice that certain areas are usually occupied by the same birds, territories I suppose you would call them. There are the grey ring doves, always on the west side of the park. A pair of blackbirds seem to favour the entrance from Belview; and by the same entrance I have, two or three times, recently encountered a thrush. The crows, as I have remarked before, look on the entire park as their territory, and strut about where ever they please, as do the wood pigeons and magpies.

With a literary project in hand, I find myself working to a deadline for the first time in a good many years. It serves as an incentive to act rather than a constraint.The unaccustomed urgency is, for the most part, enjoyable.


















And good health!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishing you continued creative abundance, good health and happiness in the New Year! Thanks for the freindship.

Lucy said...

Happy New Year Joe!

Roderick Robinson said...

Deadlines, hmmm. Speaking as your former sub-editor I well recall a time when...

Unknown said...

Here's my new year wishes messages: New year is brings lot of hopes to our mind
May all your hopes and dreams fulfill in the New year
Happy new year and seasons greetings